At Applied Precision, we believe that to be the best in our chosen field of expertise, we need to have the best people. It’s as simple as that.
What’s it like working with Applied Precision?
Every day brings new challenges and we thrive on these challenges. We all enjoy working with and developing truly advanced technology. We believe that the right application of technology can lead to better products. We have fun with what we do. Some days may not feel like work. Others do because we have deadlines and commitments to our customers that we simply have to meet. We work hard and play hard but, above all we all know that our success depends on our commitment to our customers.
This means serving them in the best ways that we possibly can, day in and day out, with professionalism and integrity.
What are we looking for?
We need people with drive and energy. You’re technically minded but, with finely tuned business skills. You’ll thrive in an entrepreneurial environment because you like challenge and variety in your work life. You enjoy being part of the team because you know what the sense of accomplishment feels like when you have done your best to bring together the individual strengths and perspectives of others you are working with.
APPLIED PRECISION is currently seeking the best people we can find to join us and grow with us.
Application Specialist (optical 3D digitizing systems)
- Based in the Greater Toronto Area with a solid background in two or more mid-range to high-end CAD packages
- CET or a Mechanical Engineer (experience with scanners/surface digitizers and CMM technology)
- Experience in surfacing 3D point cloud data
- Ability to learn and build user skills with high-end CAD/CAM software is characterized by both speed in your learning and confidence in your work
- Analytical and creative with the ability to apply these skills to developing sound technical solutions in industry
Senior 3D Application Specialist
- Based in the Greater Toronto Area with a solid background in 2D and 3D CAD skills (including AutoCAD & Geomagic)
- High level of competence with terrestrial 3D laser scanning
- Experienced in 3D 'point cloud' software and basic competence with GPS measurement systems
- Experience with close range white light & laser scanning
- Excellent technical problem solving & analytical skills
- Knowledge in applying the above mentioned technologies to manufacturing facilities and heritage assets
If you meet the criteria above, send us your resume by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: We will only contact individuals if we require an interview.